New blog template

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Long Time No Posts...

Wow, it has been a long while! I am now in college and I have experienced so much since October of 2012. The following is a list of things i've done since then:
1. I went to Germany to visit some family friends:
Collogne was my favorite place to visit with the locks on the bridges and there was a great cathedral and unique, colorful buildings.











The other places were great as I visited many historical sites and it was just fun to be with Rolf and Bergit and spend time with them! When I was with them, I had the opportunity to go to Holland, which was just right over the boarder as well.


2. In February of 2012, I flew to New York to see some friends, Curt, Allison, and June that moved there from Switzerland. It was so much fun to be in the city for a week. We took the subway all around to get from place to place. 
We were able to get some amazing famous banana pudding from the Mangolia Bakery and famous Belgian waffles, and amazing New York cupcakes. Experiencing foods is one of my favorite things to do on vacation. 




I was able to go to Rockefella center, the Bull, the New York temple, and the National History Museum.



 Of course I went and walked on Wall Street and shopped, but I got real excited when I would see my super heros in New York! All my favorites! Batman, Iron man, Superman, and Spiderman.  



















Can't you see I'm on the phone? 
3. April of 2012, I went with my mom and dad to London and I loved it! Our hotel room looked out at the London Eye and Big Ben and Parliament. We saw the things that you usually think of when you think of London, things such as the red phone booths and the double decker busses which I think are just so cute and awesome to take pics with. :D Then we visited Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. I loved this trip as I was able to explore just so much! We also had the opportunity to go see the plays Singing in the Rain and Lion King. I highly recommend these two, to watch when you are in London.  





Fishn' chips








Buckingham Palace


4. In February of 2013, my parents took my friend, Lindsay, and I to Italy. We went to Cinque Terre (There are 5 cities of CT. We visited 2 of the 5 cities), Florence, and Pisa and because we live so central in Europe, we drove to Italy. We had so much fun in the lucky warm weather we had. First, we went to Cinque Terre's first city, Monto Rosso. 
We were able to go walk around on the beach and just bask in the sun. I hadn't realized how much I had missed the beaches. The feeling of the sand between my toes and the smell of the salt water just brought back so many memories from my childhood. 


Then we went to the second city, which is Vernassa. We did a lot of exploring to see the famous colorful boats and buildings around the towns. Gelato was one thing we always looked out for as well on the trip as Italy has the best of the best Gelato. 



Next, we visited Florence, where we ate, shopped, and walked around again.








Last of all, we visited Pisa. We literally went to go take a picture then, left to go home.

5. In April of 2013, my mom and I took a girls trip to Paris. This was probably my favorite vacation as it was very laid back as we were on our own schedule and really just did what we really wanted to do. We were able to see the Louvre (it was right outside our place that we stayed), Musee D'orsay, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, Shakespeare's Library, and the Tuilleries Gardens. we also had good stereo typical french food and just had a good time. 



Notre Dame
Tuillerie Gardens



Our place that we stayed
Musee D'orsay
Shakespeare's Library 


Well folks, that's about it! My vacations and explorations I have gone on in the past 2 years. I am great full for the opportunity that I had to live in Switzerland, where it's so central, so I can go explore other countries and understand their culture and lifestyle. I loved living for two years. My next posts will be about me and my college life. So, this is my last post that will end in french. 

Au Revoir,
Laura May








No comments:

Post a Comment