New blog template

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cause Baby Your A Firework!

Bonjour!            
                About 2 weekends ago on Saturday, Aug. 14, my family went over to some good friends of ours. We played some games and ate, and then went to my dad's office to see the final fireworks to celebrate Geveve Festival that has lasted for about 2 weeks. So we went down there to watch from my dad's office with an AWESOME view of the fireworks on the lake and the big huge fireworks in the sky! It was probably the best firework show i have ever seen. When we were there we had some snacks to eat and if i do say so myself, my snack was a hit. It was supposed to be a Chex mix, but they don't have Chex here in Suisse, so I decided to do it with coca puffs. It was so good. Just encase you'd like to know how I did it, I'll leave the recipe. Anyway the fireworks were about 1 hour long and then at about 11:30 we headed home on the train to our quiet little town. Well that's all for now folks. Miss you guys!


Au Revoir!


P.S. Here is the awesome recipe. Try it and let me know what you think!


Boil: 1.5 cup of Sugar
         1.5 cups of Karo (which we had to bring over from the states)
         1 cups of butter
Dry: 16 oz Honey Chex Golden Grams (or awesome coca puffs)
         1 cup of coconut
         1 cup of slivered almond


-Boil the first 3 ingredients until the color is a light yellow and pulls apart from the sides.
-Pour over dry mix
-After thorough mix spread out on wax paper until dry
-Break up and put into a closed bowl.
-Enjoy as much as I did! Try it out!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending me the recipe earlier! I made a half-batch with cornflakes for a treat last night after we got back from Zurich and they were awesome!

    ReplyDelete